Have you ever had a year that when you look back to reflect upon your life and the negative experiences on surface appear to out weigh the positive?
Well, that’s the way my primitive brain works in recalling this past year and I have an inkling you might be the same way!
I hope you will consider taking the time to do this exercise for yourself.
As so often our minds can play tricks on us & almost force us to focus on the negative. After reflecting on 2010, I hope you will do what I’m about to do, and that is CLOSE off 2010 & OPEN up 2011 as a New Year of priorities, endless possibilities & pursuit of passion!!! This is not about New Years Resolutions, per say, this is your & my controllable future.
The Past ( It is whats it is!)
Today, I took the time to list some hardships or negative experiences in 2010 and as well any accomplishments or highlights I could recall:
- My father in-law passed away Mar. 31/2010 on my fathers Birthday (Rest In Peace Manfred)
- Another family member’s Multiple Sclerosis took a turn for the worse
- My daytime financial gig experienced turmoil with my sales territory cut in half
- A major software project I have been involved in for years was hit with serious delays & roadblocks (Tuyu.com)
- I failed to quit smoking
2010 Accomplishments or Highlights:
- My family and I stayed healthy
- My little brother Petri got married to Marni April 2010 ( An amazing family wedding in Mexico)
- My wife & daughters (first time) experienced an amazing vacation in the Canadian Rockies
- July/August of 2010 I recorded & released my first single “One & The Same” (Top 55 in Canada)
- I traveled less in 2010 & spent way more time at home with my amazing Raito Girls
- I hit 90% of my income goal for 2010
- As an Advisory Board Member & volunteer I helped the Children’s Wish organization grant close to 80 wishes for Manitoba & Northern children in 2010
The Future (It is what I make it!)
- (Passion) I have set in motion the necessary steps to complete the recording of my first studio album (8-10 songs) in 2011 LeeRaito.com/music
- (Passion) As a couple and as a family we have set the time necessary to ensure we spend quality and loving time together in 2011.
- (Priorities) I have set specific & measurable income goals for 2011 to ensure that my family & I can continue to enjoy not only the basics of daily living, but as well 1 basement renovation, 1 family vacation & continued support of our preferred charity Children’s Wish
- (Priorities & Possibilities) In conjunction with partners on the software project (Tuyu.com) confidence is high that in early 2011 the successful public launch of the coolest music application on earth will occur.
- (Priorities) Renewed focus on my health. (My family’s wealth, success & happiness depend upon it!)
Those are just a few of the main priorities, passions & possibilities I have my laser focus on in 2011.
Be the CHANGE you want to see in the WORLD. ~Mahatma Ghandi
How about you? How are you saying goodbye to 2010 and hello to 2011?