Navigate / search

Hero Saved a Life Today

Today, a 26 year old father of two dropped dead while working out at the gym. Staff found NO pulse on the young man & when my brother-in-law Darren, a Registered Nurse, noticed what had happened, he rushed over and was told he has zero pulse  & the ambulance is on its way!

Darren quickly asked if they had a defibrillator? They responded with a resounding, “Yes!”

My bro then proceeded to shock the young man’s heart back to life & performed CPR. I can’t even imagine the extreme stress …

Before the ambulance could arrive the young father was already revived & telling Darren about his two daughters! Absolutely amazing!!!!!

Today, my brother-in-law Darren Storm saved the life of a complete stranger.

He is a true hero!

Destiny Versus Plan

Do you have a destiny? Do you control your life?

Spent sometime today thinking about destiny versus my life by design today and I know which camp I firmly stand in.

Where do you stand?

If you totally disagree with me please reply with your thoughts… I am very curious to hear other peoples take on ‘destiny’!

Random thoughts:

*I was no more destined to be a financial professional, than a writer or a professional musician. Fact: I have chose to be all of these things, albeit the term ‘amateur professional musician is probably more accurate.

*When I think of every second of my life, I can not think of one instance that truly could be defined as destiny or fate. I love being a father, a soul mate and a husband, but I would be hard pressed to prove destiny or fate played a part.

* I make the daily decision(s) in life that propel me forward and some days even set me back.

* 95% of the Raito’s Family life has been by plan or some may call ‘by design’! The other 5% has either been positive or negative incidents out of our control (my estimation is that 3% of those uncontrollable events were based on the decisions or actions of other people & 2% truly wild card events). Believe you me… That 2% has rocked our world over the years!

*Like ‘Neo’ in the Martrix movies. I am in control of my life.

Now here is where I will openly contradict myself!

Even though I am openly stating I don’t believe in destiny or fate. I am quite confident there are stories out there that might make me believe that destiny or fate exists in this world. I want to learn more…

Integration Marketing Is An Art

If you are looking for ways to grow your business, organization or even your own social profile I know you’ll get a lot out of today’s blog post. Integration marketing when done right can be like two peas in a pod for growing your business organically.

As some of you know, I sit on the board of the Childrens Wish charity for my region in Canada (Manitoba & Nunavut). Today, I attended a grand opening of a local business that understands integration marketing is indeed an art (pun intended)! I think we can all learn from their success and endeavor to apply integration marketing  tactics in our own businesses. is a new business that provides art classes & workshops for kids aged 2+! Their target market is a very specific niche and they obviously put some serious thought to how they would launch their new business location to the Winnipeg community. For their Grand Opening they chose to approach the Childrens Wish charity to be a part of their first day & obviously plan to support CW as their Charity of choice.

The marriage of the two organizations is integration marketing at it’s finest! ArtLandStudio with one phone call was able to tap into having Childrens Wish help promote their business, while at same time help promote the charity all day for every parent & child who attended the Grand Opening! A true win-win for both businesses. The place was packed with kids and their parents, many of which I recognized as folks connected to our charity.

Could this work for you?

Take some time to think about other organizations that would jointly benefit from your promotion, launch, event, and if you can involve a like minded charity all the better.

Often integration marketing can bring to the table something your business needs while at the same time providing value to the other organization. What an awesome way to grow!!!

Take some time to consider the art of integration marketing & you may just surprise yourself on what you can come up with…


The Canadian Way

Took this surreal photo late last year & at the time with the ice cold wind chilling me to the bone it reminded me of being Canadian. If frozen toes, a Tim Hortons coffee and an outdoor ice hockey rink being cleaned by a Zamboni aren’t ‘The Canadian Way’ then I don’t know what is!

Just a few days ago our Junior Canadian Hockey team lost 5-3 to the Russians at the World Championships in Buffalo. Losing at hockey isn’t what this pictures is about, but I did want to pass on the message to all our players that we are still very proud & we all look forward to Team Canada kicking butt next year!